Saturday, August 12, 2023

What is Success?

 For the end of the week studies, I was able to ponder, What do I deem successful? How do I know what success looks like? Is it endless riches? paid bills? or owning every we choose to desire? At the beginning of the week we studied about spreading happiness, and read in our book "Mastery". I know that this is coming from us as individuals before the idea of entrepreneurship is introduced in a later class. I find that this class is helpful. I say this because after an intense three weeks of study. I can start to see why it was introduced this way. In order to see where we are going, we need to know where we are and where we want to go. We are studying on our 'want' to be an ENTREPRENEUR. 

I wanted to notate the 3 areas of knowledge that are critical for starting a successful business:

1. In-depth knowledge of the competitive structure of an industry and a network of contacts within that industry; 

2. The skills to run the daily operations of a small, rapidly growing company; and 

3. The ability to raise money (link)

I do not know what it takes to start a business so I find this very helpful in my thoughts to one day start a business of our own. I think these are basics and crucial to be prepared for what the world has to compete with my business. I read this quote in my readings and it placed an impression on me. - "

"...millions of people who have never seen the inside of a business school are running successful companies."

This quote brought light to me as I thought only "business minded" people and those who have money to do so are able to make money more than those who struggle each and every day to make money to survive. I have been able to see individuals who did not attend business school, or hold degrees. I see them thrive and their experiences increase because of their will to do it. 

Quotes and excerpts from "Success is Gauged by Self-Mastery" - President N. Eldon Tanner

“the height of a man’s success is gauged by his self-mastery; the depth of his failure by his self-abandonment. … And this law is the expression of eternal justice. He who cannot establish dominion over himself will have no dominion over others.”

Two important elements in Self-Mastery - Determine your course or set the sails of moral standards. Willpower or the winds in the sails carrying you forward. 

I find this information helpful for me in being able to find Self-Mastery as well as master it. I know that Satan has traps and if I can use the knowledge I gain and experience from school and life. I can avoid the traps that can take me down. This includes my ambitions to make money, and be successful. All this information is overwhelming but engaging because I want to run a business of my own but I have no clue and zero information on how to do it. The readings this week have allowed me to understand myself so that I can do it, and do anything I place my mind to. The spiritual, and mental exercises this week have opened up more opportunities to increase my knowledge. Self-Mastery is possible, and I know that I can achieve it. This week's studies can be used in personal, professional and spiritual lives. I find the connection and patterns are usable in any aspect in our life, and not just in a business. To end my journal this week, I find that perseverance plays a large role in being able to withstand the storms of time. If we can overcome hardship, inflation and the changes in an economy, we can fight through the effects of an ever-changing world. 

"Perseverance is demonstrated by those who keep going when the going gets tough, who don’t give up even when others say, “It can’t be done.” - President James E. Faust

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Journey of Gratitude & Celebrate Your Life

 Gratitude is a part of the entrepreneurship journey, without a network of guidance, the entrepreneur wouldn't go far. Building relation...