Thursday, August 10, 2023

Honesty is the Best Policy

                     Honesty and Ethics go hand in hand. I believe if we put good back into the world, good comes back. Karma is defined as such a force considered as affecting the events of one's life." (link) This helps me understand that there are good and bad that create blessings or consequences. We had a lot of readings this week, but it was a bit overwhelming as time is not on our hands both personally and as a student. 

In Launching Leaders - we have read chapters 4 to 6. I decided to highlight a few takeaways from these chapters. 

Chapter 4 - Charting Your Course

Out of the three phases we learned in this chapter. I resonated with creating alignment: envision your destination - Becoming my best possible self. The cycle of spiritual guidance will help me find my alignment. 

Chapter 5 - The Formula

The synopsis of the formula helps me understand that it will take time and patience to master and that it is possible to achieve. Finding your oil stood out to me because they say "To be successful, we all have to discover that thing - that life pursuits - that truly excites, motivates, and empowers us." I found this enlightening to know that I have to find 'that thing' that pushes me to do what I do as a student and future graduate. I can use the formula for a lot of perspectives in my life.

Chapter 6 - Beware the Double Life

I never thought about what it means to live a double life. After reading this chapter, it has opened up my eyes to how Satan sets traps within our lives that later cause duplicitous living. I would hope that it never happens to me but since we're reading about it. I will know moving forward that I need to beware of the shiny, glittery deceptions that are out there in the world. 

"Making a Living and a Life" - Elder Lynn G, Robbins

President Ezra Taft Benson said it best ".The proud make every man their adversary by pitting their intellects, opinions, works, wealth, talents, or any other worldly measuring device against others." (Beware of Pride, 1989.) This talk goes extensively into the levels that are considered dangerous for man to overcome. I think it is true that comparison and competition are fast-paced in this current climate. Graciousness, kindness, and love are beaming with a flicker of light versus the vast fires of hate, contention, and sin. I feel like we can continue being honest with our fellowmen and using our time and talents for good. I know that Satan has a plan and with technological advances - social media continues to grow out of control and the new generations will be affected. Integrity is defined as the quality or state of being complete or undivided. (merriam-webster.com) As honesty sounds familiar compared to integrity. Being able to fulfill its purpose plays a different approach to being a person with integrity. 

  • What are you looking forward to learning and experiencing?

I am looking forward to being able to find my way and answer all of the questions about who I am now and who I want to become. It has come to my attention that I want to accomplish so much in this life. I have yet a plan or an idea of where to go from here. I know that I want an education that can carry me forward financially and scholastically. I also want to fulfill the roles that I have been given as a woman, future mother, and student. In order to fill the 'gap' I want to know what I need to do, and/or say to get the job done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Journey of Gratitude & Celebrate Your Life

 Gratitude is a part of the entrepreneurship journey, without a network of guidance, the entrepreneur wouldn't go far. Building relation...